Admission Discharge Transfer: ADT Nursing
NetSolutions Admission Discharge Transfer (ADT) System
Admission Discharge Transfer (ADT) is one of the core modules that The NetSolutions platform provides for nursing homes and other long term care facilities for ADT nursing.
- Track key events, such as rehospitalization and current census
- View visit history from the main page
- Easily navigate between resident details
- Choose residents by photos or demographics
- Enhanced search functionality: Find residents by resident number, health record number, Medicare number, name, location, and more
Get a Snapshot View of Residents’ Clinical and Financial Data
Get three snapshots views all in one. Our customized snapshot views of both clinical and financial data, based on role, provide easy access for registrars, clinicians, and billers to the important information they need, all in one convenient location. Also,data points such as physician orders, next of kin, diagnoses, allergies, and payor information, are visible here and the ability to update or add to these data points is just a single click away.
The ADT module centralizes and tracks resident and census information needed for billing, so you have all demographic information and supporting clinical documentation for your residents in one easy-to-access location.
Admission Discharge Transfer (ADT) Snapshot
The ADT module provides a comprehensive solution to viewing important resident-specific demographic and financial data for each resident in a single location.
Data in the ADT is sorted into the following five categories:
- Census Information such as dates, location, bed type, level of care, bed hold
- Reimbursement Information for each of the resident’s payors
- Clinical Information such as diagnoses, physician orders, allergies, and advance directives.
- Information for personal contacts such as next of kin, guarantor, power of attorney, friend, family, and clergy
- Additional Information section, that allows for comments by nurses and user-defined fields for data such as referral source, veteran status, hobbies, and arbitration agreement status. Nurses can use the data stored in this section to prepare lists for special projects and activities
Charting Snapshot for Clinical Summaries
Similar to the ADT snapshot, our software provides a clinical snapshot of each resident under the charting tab for all clinical modules. This makes the jobs of RNs, LNs, DONs, MDS coordinators, administrators, and medical records easier. Like an index for the resident, this snapshot enables you to quickly:
- View current clinical information like progress notes, assessments, care plans, vitals, and physician orders
- Navigate and update specific care areas, such as the resident’s care plan or physician orders
Accounts Snapshot for Financial Tracking
You can also get a financial snapshot of each resident under Accounts. Quickly view payors, outstanding balances, Medicare days remaining, and any updated financial information. Users will also see a header link in each section that will take them to different parts of the software where they can enter information, whether registration or the relevant module.
Examples of information displayed in a financial snapshot include:
- Reimbursement data
- Days available and days used in Medicare
- Payors/plan balances
- Resident funds
- Guarantor and the amount due from private parties
- Contacts for power of attorney, family members, and emergency situations
Automatically Create Continuity of Care Documents
The ability to transfer residents’ health records from one care setting to another is an integral part of an EHR. That’s why ADT generates a Continuity of Care Document (CCD), also known as Continuing Care Document, that can be shared electronically with other healthcare providers. Alternatively, facilities can create a PDF that can be saved and sent as needed.
The CCD has emerged as a standard format for health records, and CCD format HITSP C32 is a recognized standard for the transmission of health record data.
Access and Share Information Electronically Through the EHR
The Electronic Health Record (EHR) for long term care contains all relevant resident information. This information can be accessed by clinicians and shared with other health care providers through the CCD section of the ADT.
Information that nursing home staff can include in the CCD and transfer using an EHR includes:
- Physician orders
- Immunization records
- Vital signs
Securely Share Resident Health Information
Create a CCD that includes the information in a Health Record Disclosure, including the date, purpose, description, and recipient of protected health information. Long term care staff and physicians can access these files from a summary window, enabling them to easily review all activity history and see who had access to resident files.
The data from the CCD can be sent electronically through the EHR, printed, or saved. NetSolutions can also receive CCDs as an XML document and add the information directly to ADT. Then, by using NetSolutions eDocuments, the entire transfer document can easily be downloaded and viewed.
Diagnoses with ICD-10: Work Faster and Smarter
NetSolutions ADT includes the Master Library of ICD-10 codes with annual updates. This allows for:
- Diagnoses to be flagged as “commonly used,” which speeds-up searches and assists in standardization
- Time-savings by setting up a two-way flow of diagnoses with open MDS assessments
- Users to set and sequence clinical and billing sequence diagnoses rankings separately and designate which diagnosis should flow to the bill from ADT.
- Easily selecting and sorting diagnoses by relevant PDPM categories
- Receiving immediate notification when a code is no longer billable and requires further clarification
Connect to Other NetSolutions modules
You can quickly begin an initial care plan based on problems suggested by the diagnoses when your system includes NetSolutions MDS 3.0, Care Plan, and the Care Plan MDS 3.0 Library.
With 3rd-Party Interfaces, Move Your Data Wherever You Need It
ADT exports resident and census information using NetSolutions interfaces with many third-party systems and allows you to make other connections upon request.
Retain Pre-Registration Data
At first contact with a prospective client, users can collect and store information on the Pre-Registration page for later use. Additionally,
- The alert system will notify users of possible duplicate resident registration.
- Factsheets are automatically prepared using data entered in ADT, and 156 default State-specific and facility-specific formats are delivered.
- Additional data such as medications, assessments of level-of-care, ADL needs added in Physician Orders, and User-Defined Assessments can be added to the EHR during a resident’s registration.
Calculate and Track Billing Information
ADT uses census and assessment periods to track activities that may affect billing. For example, when changes occur regarding a resident’s location, level of care, or pay type, the current census period is closed, and a new one is opened.
- Private portion amount of Medicaid residents
- Net income
- Allowable deductions
- Adjusted net income
Recording Information From Residents and Family
With the Resident Annotations window, NetSolutions can capture information shared by residents and/or their family members that are contrary to or in addition to the information provided in the resident’s current health record.
Dashboard for Clinical Information
View information by individual resident or facility. Along with ADT, the NetSolutions Dashboard puts Key Performance Indicators (KPI) at your fingertips. Users can be notified through eAssignments when certain metrics are met, like a particular threshold for new falls. The Dashboard provides users with details on:
- New admits
Meanwhile, to get a bird’s eye view of your organization’s financial health, you can use the CareMetrics RCM Dashboard.
Add Value to Your Data with ADT Reports
- Ad Hoc Reporting: Users can combine data from MDS 3.0, ADT/Prospects, and User-Defined Assessments (UDA) to create reports at any time.Resident Allergy Report
- Resident Birthdays
- Resident Diagnoses, ongoing and resolved
- Advance Directives
- Residents by Age, by Allergy, by Diagnosis, by Location
- Contacts, personal and medical
- Level of Care
- Residents by Clinician, Next Visit
- Clinicians by Resident, by Organization
- Optional, User-Defined information
- Veteran Status
- Admission Census
- Available and Occupied Beds, including bed reserves
- Away Report with Option to include Discharges
- Bed Rate Master
- Census, Daily Activity
- Length of Stay
- Month-to-Date Occupancy
- Pending Discharge
- Resident Bed Analysis
- Resident Census Periods
- Transfer Census