CNA POC Charting Made Easy
The NetSolutions Point of Care application makes it easy for clinicians to collect data about any care activity including CNA/ADLs, Restorative Nursing, Therapy, and Mood Observation – as well as information from the NetSolutions Care Plan module. Plus, we’ve made POC charting and CNA POC usability easy for all authorized staff to access. From a PC, wall-mounted kiosk, or your tablet, you can check on residents’ vitals, ADLs, reports of pain, and how much breakfast they consumed, for instance.
Tell Your Residents’ Story & Save Your Team Time With The NetSolutions Built-In Kardex
The Kardex tool enables your staff to know your residents’ stories. From critical information like DNRs to what makes their lives meaningful and everything in between. When nurses or nurse aides visit residents they can now use see most aspects of that residents day to day needs all on one simple to understand and use screen. POC CNA charting has never been easier!
Kardex data includes:
- Code Status
- Preferred Language
- ADL’s and ambulation
- Fluid Restrictions
- Meal Preferences
- Adaptive Devices
- Fall Interventions
- What Makes Life Meaningful
- Alarms and Restraints
- What The Resident Likes To Do
- Skin Interventions
- Miscellaneous Notes & Information
- Incontinence Maintenance
- Sleep & Awake Times
- Activity & Weight Bearing
- Room Preferences
- Hearing, Vision, & Dental
- Bathing Method & Time Of Day
- Bathing Days
- Contracture Devices
The long term care Kardex system is part of the base NetSolutions system, but is also one of the first pages that is seen in CNA POC charting for each resident when using the point of care charting system. Aspects of the Kardex flow in and out of various areas within the system and can all be edited using a simple form.
With the Point of Care POC Charting Kardex system, you can remove reams of paper and hours of writing each week for your nursing staff and have this critical resident data integrated into your nursing home software system.
Easy to Use. Easy to Print.
With so many facilities still printing these documents and pinning them to resident doors, the Kardex system can be printed with a single click and works in color or black and white. The printable version has been set up to ensure ink isn’t wasted and that any contemporary printer will print the document with all notes and content showing on a single page.
Point of Care Warnings & Acknowledgements
Ensure everyone knows important data or warnings about particular residents with easy warning pop-ups. The first time a resident is viewed in the system each day a warning can be enabled that shows each person using NetSolutions the warning. Warnings can expire, be deactivated, or be shown more often.
Once the warning is shown, it must be acknowledged by that user and each acknowledgment is tracked along with every change made within the system. The audit log can easily be viewed by users with permissions to see the audit features.
Easy Work List So You Can Pick Up Where You Left
The worklist tool enables nursing staff and administrators to quickly see what items have and have not been documented during a session or shift. The worklist gives easy-to-understand visual and textual cues showing the completion of each item. Now, instead of looking through each item independently to remember where you left off, with one click your team can navigate directly to the list and start back where they left off.
User-Defined Tools for Custom Data Collection
Set up user-defined events, complete with graphics and labels, to capture items per your facility’s requirements. Logical tools simplify the process of defining a button including timeframe, language, correlations to MDS 3.0 and Vitals, plus more. You can also generate reports on data captured through user-defined buttons, including aggregate trends for your entire census with a convenient “select all residents” option.
Advanced Point of Care Reporting
NetSolutions Point of Care offers advanced reporting capabilities to help empower better care outcomes, streamline critical processes, and yield accurate reimbursements.
Know who documented last in every category with the reporting feature and easily navigate to the resident.
- Shift confirmation and incomplete documentation reports with visual indicators: Spot missing entries to help ensure data integrity and remediate oversights.
- KPI-driven dashboards: Monitor resident activity (meal intake, fluid intake, bathing patterns, etc.), optimize care plans, and expedite residents’ progress rates.
- Resident maintenance reports: Proactively complete required documentation prior to discharge.
- MDS 3.0 Item Report: Achieve financial and operational success in the PDPM era.
POC Charting for MDS 3.0, ADLs, and PDPM Payment Rates
NetSolutions Point of Care can capture data and calculate totals for almost all MDS 3.0 items and import them to NetSolutions MDS 3.0 software. Pre-loaded buttons with correlations are ready to go for items in eight MDS 3.0 sections, including ADLs for MDS 3.0 Section G, Section GG, Section C, Section H, Section D, Section E, Section M, and Section O.
Using data collected at the point of care, POC Charting calculates totals for MDS 3.0 responses and exports them to NetSolutions MDS 3.0 software. The software is pre-loaded with correlations to eight MDS sections. You can set up additional correlations between POC items and almost all MDS 3.0 items. Easy-to-use tools assist you in setting up POC buttons that will export responses.
Pre-Loaded With Correlations
NetSolutions POC Charting is pre-loaded with correlations to these MDS 3.0 items:
- ADLs – MDS 3.0 Section G – G0110 A thru J, G0120
- Functional Abilities – MDS 3.0 Section GG
- Cognitive – MDS 3.0 Section C – C0700, C1000
- Mood Observation – MDS 3.0 Section D0500A1 – D0500J2
- Toileting – MDS 3.0 Section H0200C, H0300, H0400, H0500
- Behaviors – MDS 3.0 Section E – E0100, E0200, E0800, E0900
- Skin Conditions – MDS 3.0 Section M – M1200 A, B, C
- Pain – MDS 3.0 Section J – O800 A, B, C, D
- Therapy – MDS 3.0 Section O – O400 A, B, C
- Restorative Nursing – MDS 3.0 Section O – O500 A thru J
Data entry is user-friendly, with simple navigation, icons, and language that paraphrases what is used in MDS 3.0. Responses are saved automatically. Items are color-coded to show when completed.
By making POC charting easier, caregivers document more information more often, reducing the risk of missing important data, such as a 1-person assist during the day but a 2-person assist on the night shift. This results in more accurate ADLs, a significant component of PDPM scoring. A one-point difference in an ADL score can mean a loss of $10 to $40 per day/per resident in payment by Medicare Part A and by Medicaid in several states.
Point of Care Charting can record multiple occurrences in a shift and gives you the ability to view all entries as well as add and strike entries as appropriate along with the reason for the change. Time/date and the user is recorded automatically. These functions help in capturing the highest level of ADLs.
Tailor Your POC Charting Data with User-Defined Buttons and Icons
Set up user-defined buttons, complete with graphics and labels, to capture items per your facility’s preferences. Logical tools simplify the process of defining a button including timeframe, language, correlations to MDS 3.0 and Vitals, response format (yes/no, single response, multiple choice), and any conditional responses. You can generate reports on data captured through user-defined buttons.
POC gives you additional control over data collected with the ability to set items as “required.” Required items are color-coded, showing caregivers which are required, and showing at a glance whether required items have been captured. Further customize your POC system with graphic images that can be added to buttons in addition to text labels and text in other languages; the software is delivered with Spanish.
Capture Data in Spanish and Other Languages
Increase accuracy by capturing data in your caregivers’ preferred language. The sample above shows ADLs in Spanish. Language can be set up in caregivers’ profiles, so it displays automatically.
Efficient Data Entry Saves Time
By making data entry quick and easy NetSolutions POC encourages caregivers to chart completely.
Features that enhance efficiency include:
- Automatic saves, just click your response and move to the next
- Ability to document the same type of care for multiple residents in one session. Stay on a topic page such as weight or morning snack consumption and select the next resident
- Supports your facility’s workflow, you can enter responses in the order you prefer
- Questions are set up so they require data entry only for responses different from the default
Selecting Residents for POC Charting
NetSolutions POC Charting gives you flexibility in building lists of residents to include in a session. You can chart on every resident for every shift.
Filter the list is easy and includes:
- According to residents’ assessment schedules for Medicare PPS, Medicare OBRA, Medicaid, and Medicare Advantage plans
- For all shifts/all residents, as a mechanism to manage daily resident conditions
- By location/station
- For individual residents who need monitoring for specific needs
- To identify trends and check on outcomes of Quality Assurance activities
By MDS Schedule
MDS Coordinators can see when functional abilities are required based on their admit and discharge dates.
The Benefit Sensitive Fields report gives MDS Coordinators an overall view of a resident’s MDS 3.0 responses on items used to calculate PDPM scores. To view different scenarios, MDS Coordinators can change dates and view the corresponding changes in responses to assist in selecting the most beneficial Assessment Reference Date (ARD).
Pinpoint Location on Graphic of Body
NetSolutions gives your facility’s staff the option of associating items such as pain with a specific part of the body on a graphic. The Signs of Pain button is pre-loaded in NetSolutions Point of Care.
Key Features of NetSolutions Point of Care (POC) Charting Software
- User-defined buttons can be set up to collect additional data within the POC charting software.
- Icons can be added to buttons in addition to labels
- Text can display in multiple languages; Spanish is delivered with the software
- Includes conditional responses to provide more information depending on the first response. For example, if you set up a button for Swelling, and the response was Yes, then another set of responses could display, such as Applied Ice and Applied Heat
- Start a POC charting session by clicking the subject area that corresponds to your job title in the security setup, such as CNA, Restorative Nursing, Therapy, or Mood Observation
- As charting is completed, a summary of responses is available with a separate table for ADLs
- Supports review and edit of multiple POCcharting occurrences in a shift
- A handy table shows how complete charting is for all or some residents. Change the criteria and see one resident’s responses on topics such as wandering. An on-demand report shows completion compliance by CNA.
- Click the Help button in non-ADL categories for definitions written in clear language
- Security is assured with required master setups for each user that control the pages available to each user according to their needs
- Caregivers’ list of residents can be saved and re-used
- Calculates the totals to be entered for MDS 3.0 sections based on the individual responses entered for shifts and days. In NetSolutions MDS software, click the Import button to view data before adding it to the assessment
- Entries from the previous shift are not visible to the current shift to prevent copying
- Help is available at the kiosk, PC, and tablet
- Information can be added with a body graphic
- Items can be set as required, with color-coding, including showing completion
- Text for items and labels can be displayed in multiple languages; Spanish is delivered. Preferred language can be set up in caregivers’ profiles so it is displayed when the caregiver enters a POC charting session.
Point of Care POC Charting Software Reports: On-Demand and User-Defined
Reports give you a behind-the-scenes look at the data being collected for the MDS. They provide vital data for residents’ care plans as well as management information.
- ADL Tracking Log – for 7 days. Results that will go to MDS 3.0. Shows variances over shifts/days that could indicate a change in resident status or issues with charting or staffing
- Shifts Received by Date of Service – informs staff of any residents for whom data was not collected in the past 24 hours. A tool to monitor and manage compliance on a day-to-day basis
- CNA Compliance by shift for a 7-day or 31-day period – all residents. A management tool that shows the percentage of compliance by shift
- Flow Sheet Reports – multiple reports are delivered with the software and additional Flow Sheet Reports can be added, based on user-defined Documentation Types
- 7-Day Bowel Report and a Bowel Movement Report
- Benefit Sensitive Fields – shows responses to MDS 3.0 items used for PDPM scoring that are exported to MDS 3.0 from NetSolutions Point of Care
Documentation is recorded in these general subject areas:
- CNA Care – ADLs for MDS 3.0 Section G, Eating/Drinking, Mood, Pain, Skin/Hygiene/Body Check, Toileting, Vitals/Safety, Weight
- Restorative Nursing – MDS 3.0 Section O – 0500
- Therapy – MDS 3.0 Section O – 0400
- Mood Observation – MDS 3.0 Section D, Mood Interview – MDS 3.0 Section D
Data entry is user-friendly, with simple navigation and language that paraphrases that used in MDS 3.0. Green checkmarks show instantly that an item has been completed.
Check on how complete charting is for all or some residents in a handy table. Or change the criteria and see one resident’s responses on topics such as wandering. This valuable POCcharting feature provides instant information for measuring staff compliance and resident care.
Hardware and Specifications
NetSolutions® POC gives providers a choice of hardware. The software runs on-wall-mounted touchscreen kiosks as well as Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets. The requirements for kiosks include Windows compatibility with 2g ram and IE10 or higher. Also required is administrator access to configure devices, load the activeX print control, and modify IE settings.
Point of Care Software Options
With NetSolutions you have a choice of vendors for point-of-care charting. We offer you the NetSolutions POC application and interfaces to specialist vendors, CareTracker, and AccuNurse.
Point-of-Care Software Application
The NetSolutions Point of Care application runs on PCs and wall-mounted kiosks to give your facility control over hardware expenses. Data collected at the point of care generates totals that are exported to NetSolutions MDS 3.0 software for responses to specific MDS 3.0 items. The software also can use the data collected to calculate PDPM scores before MDS 3.0 completion and billing.
NetSolutions Point-of-Care solution provides significant benefits to Long-Term and Post-Acute Care providers by improving performance in:
- Accuracy of data used for MDS 3.0
- Speed of MDS completion
- Accuracy of ADL charting for appropriate PDPM scores
- Communication of resident status – a direct path from caregiver to authorized staff
- Quality of care by reporting problems and providing data to measure QA activities
Point of Care Integrations
AccuNurse uses structured voice-recognition technology for real-time documentation of care. Nursing staff can hear a resident’s care plan at any time including their assignments and real-time updates. Through their headsets, they can document care delivered, and discreetly page fellow staff members.
With AccuNurse, direct-care staff access individualized care plan interventions for instructions such as “turn and reposition every two hours.” Then, as caregivers walk to the next room they chart the assistance, simply by speaking into their headset.
Privacy is maintained by AccuNurse’s structured content that asks for yes/no responses and uses room numbers instead of names.
Changes in resident conditions are communicated in real-time via automated care plan updates.
Point-of-care charting prevents end-of-shift charting with its potential for error and memory lapses.
By simplifying charting, AccuNurse encourages staff to chart all the care provided and ensures facilities receive full payment from Medicare and from Medicaid in case-mix states.
AccuNurse can eliminate:
- Paper charting of ADLs, vitals, and care plan interventions
- Pages for assistance that others can hear
- Leaving a resident unattended while seeking assistance
- Searching for a resident’s care plan interventions
- Risk of CNA not having most current information
- Undercoding of ADLs for Medicare and Medicaid payment
Experience Care’s interface with AccuNurse exports resident demographic information to AccuNurse. Learn more about AccuNurse at their Website: www.accunurse.com