Manage Documents Electronically in a Single Location
Stop digging through filing cabinets and stacks of papers. With NetSolutions eDocuments you can add files directly to a resident’s electronic medical record. With a single system to organize, store, index, access, and retrieve documents all in one place, you can maximize efficiency and security while freeing up more time to focus on your top priority tasks.
eDocuments is fully integrated into the NetSolutions Electronic Health Records system.
Learn more about the features and benefits of our EHR system.
Import, view, and delete files without interrupting your workflow
eDocuments give you quick access and easy exit from a file so you’re never interrupted.
- Files are easily retrieved from a pop-up eDocuments window that opens on top of the page where you’re working. From that page, you can import, view, and delete files indexed to the resident.
- You can open the pop-up eDocuments window from links on
- The Main Menu
- Snapshots ADT (Clinical, and Financial)
- Progress Notes
- Care Plan Interventions
- Physician Orders
Learn more about our interconnected modules
Multiple users can access files simultaneously
You never have to worry about whether a file is in use by another teammate or not before trying to access it. With NetSolutions eDocuments, multiple staff members can interact with files at the same time.
Link files to progress notes, care plan interactions, and orders
After importing an eDocument to the resident’s record you can further improve its usability by attaching it to a progress note, care plan intervention, or order using the associated NetSolutions application.
Import resident information from the first contact and maintain it for use after registration
With eDocuments there’s no need to enter resident data more than once. Medical and financial documents can be added to a resident’s electronic file during the pre-registration stage and added to the resident’s records at registration.
Import multiple file types to a resident’s EMR
With NetSolutions eDocuments you can import images, documents, and more.
We support file types such as:
- Scanned documents such as lab results, prescriptions, and insurance cards
- Images and photos
- Electronic files attached to emails
- Continuity of Care Documents (CCD) in XML and display in a readable format
- Upload any binary file, including a Word doc, pdf, jpg, gif, and bmp
Secure access without compromising document accessibility
Access to the imported files is protected by security levels for individuals and groups. Assign your own security levels to each to document type that are automatically applied to folders based on folder content.
Get access to the file you need no matter where you are. View eDocuments anytime anywhere with a portable device and a wireless connection.
Continuity of Care Documents Made Easy
eDocuments is an important tool in Electronic Health Records, giving long-term care providers the ability to receive patient information securely from sites such as hospitals and physician offices in a Continuity of Care Document (CCD) sent in the industry-standard XML format.
You can import the CCD directly into a resident’s record the same as you would other documents. The CCD includes basic demographic information as well as optional sections about the patient’s medical condition and history. With eDocs, the CCD is displayed in a readable format and only sections that contain data are displayed so you never have to scroll through blank data fields.
How eDocuments Works
The workflow for eDocuments is simple, yet robust. Here’s how it works.
- Import a file into NetSolutions by using the Browse feature in eDocuments to locate the file on your network or hard drive and import it to a resident’s record. The system automatically date stamps the imported file.
- Select a file type from a drop-down list of types, such as medical power of attorney. Based on type, and your facility’s setup, the system will insert the eDocument into the correct folder such as Advance Directives.
- Automatic file naming, the type of file becomes the file name, following your facility’s standard – you don’t have to choose a name or remember naming rules.
- File types and folder names are facility-defined, possibilities for folders include admission records, payor eligibility, dietary, MDS, physician orders, social services, activities, advance directives, and lab results.
- The facility’s System Manager can edit folder names and set security access by document type. Examples of file types include consultation, diet, discharge form, driver’s license, hospital H&P, insurance card, payor eligibility, lab report, MDS notes, nurse notes, therapy notes, transfer form, and radiology report.
- You can add a note regarding the file, such as the person providing the document. The full text of a note is available from the pop-up summary window.